Rose on the heart. Eagle on the muscle. The sweet Jesus himself.

Monday, September 13, 2010

It's always such a thin line.


I wanted to try really hard to blog everyday, just for myself, so I could have something concrete to look back on, some sort of floating internet evidence that I was here, I saw, I loved, I left, I laughed, all that human crap. After a summer of ridiculous amounts of introspection, hitting rock bottom with personal relationships/eating disorder/drinking problems, I'm kinda glad I don't have it all written down - remembering is beautiful, but sometimes forgetting is necessary for personal growth. Not that I will ever forget how I've come to be exactly where I am at this moment, but I don't need the specific details to go over and over in my head. The past can be a beautiful thing to look back on, but sometimes it needs to be left where it lay.

So maybe I'll try this now? Life seems a little more shiny these days, a little less thick and fogged up - the heat and steam has abated for the time being and I can see myself in the mirror without having to wipe the glass with unclean hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment